It's official the integrated backup sights and scope mount bases are here!
PATENT PENDING: Prior to this first-of-its-kind integrated backup sights system, virtually all gun sights designed for use as a backup to primary optical scope systems, particularly on traditional, dropped comb rifles, forces the shooter to mount the primary optical device in a high or otherwise unwieldy position. Additionally, most sight systems have been a compromise between large, open apertures, which afford good light throughput at the cost of precision, or smaller “peep” apertures, which afford better precision at the cost of poor light throughput. Lastly, non-glass aiming devices - commonly referred to as iron sights - have only afforded one aiming point, with no provision for secondary aiming points "on the fly" for shooting at greater distances.
- Rapid target acquisition and a bright, clear sight picture via a hybrid rear sight design, which combines a wide oval shaped aperture with an open top for good light throughput
- A precise aiming point, by utilizing rear sight “reticle” bars that align with a triangular front sight
- A means of quickly estimating secondary “holdover points” by incorporating elevation notches in the front sight triangle
- Flush mounted rear sight on an optic mounting rail
- Elevation and windage adjustable without punches and hammers
For more on how these work for primary and secondary aiming click here.
Available now for Marlin 1894S, 336, 308, 338, 444, 1895 rifles. Every Ranger Point integrated backup gun sight set comes with one scope mount base, four T15 Torx screws, and one Torx star screwdriver bit; and a front sight and rear sight with two set screws and an allen wrench ($79.99).
*COMING SOON: gun sight systems for other rifle makes and models and standalone rear dovetail sight.
RPP FREE EXCHANGE PROGRAM:
RHINO scope mount rails sold before March 2016 will not have a provision for mounting the rear backup sight. Good news! RPP is going to do something practically unheard of in a market driven by planned obsolescence. We're going to offer a free exchange program.
Customers who purchased a pre-sight rail can:
1) Ship us your rail for exchange (please include a note with your name, email, and phone#)
2) Email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know your rail is in the mail and so that we can send you a PayPal invoice for the price of the sights ($39.99 sans rail).
3) As soon as we receive your rail, we'll ship out your new rail and sights.